Monday, June 21, 2010

From 4 to 2

Well, it has been about 2 days since my two oldest left for a whole week with my mom and step dad and it's been very quiet around here! Don't get me wrong I love my boys, but I have to say it really is a nice change of pace. Though I do keep thinking that they are going to bust through the front door asking for food and telling me that are thirsty and asking if they can go to a friends house lol! Mark and I had actually said that we were bored one day while the two youngest were sleeping because we weren't breaking up fights or anything like that.

I am definitely taking advantage of the freedom that I have with just two, both the relaxing part and the part that will let me get some things done that I wouldn't be able to get done in the amount of time that I would like with 4. I think that I will take a few days 'off' and then work a few days and then not do anything Friday so I can prepare for the boys to come back Saturday.

I am so thankful and blessed to have my mom and step want to take the boys and spend time with them. We live about 4-6 hours south from most of our family so we don't get to see them as much as we would like. I would love to live closer but that is another story.....

Now I know why most people stop at 2 kids lol. Though I cannot change the amount of children that I have (nor would I want to) but this is a nice break/change for me. Those of you who are wanting more kids and already have two.....you may want to re-think it lol! I am kidding and joking but 4 is a lot of kids no matter what your situation is in life and I am just glad to be close enough to family that they can take them and spend time with them.

But I am sure the kids are enjoying the break from mom and dad too! ;)

No comments: