Monday, August 02, 2010

Pretty & works?!

YES!!!!


I have always been interested in trying an absorbent cloth because the amount of rags I go through in one day + the laundry that I have to do for the rags + paper towels aren't all that absorbent and it's wasteful! So I was very excited when I came across SKOY!

Not only are these Earth friendly cloths pretty but they actually work!

When I opened the package that came to me and pulled out 4 SKOY clothes wrapped in brown twine, I was so excited & couldn't wait to go home and try them out!




Since I knew I was getting them soon, I had left some chocolate sauce, kool-aid, & soda on my counters and stove to see how well the clothes worked on sticky messes.

The verdict: VERY pleasantly surprised! Not only did it wipe away these sticky messes but it did it in half the time a rag & paper towel would have taken me.
Dirty-but I can still use it before I need to use another one!

Less time cleaning = more time with my family!

Here are a few facts about SKOY cloth:
*One SKOY cloth saves 15 rolls of paper towels
*100% biodegradable & natural
*Reuseable & machine washable
*Absorbs 15 times its own weight

Great facts huh!? I thought so! As well as putting them in the washing machine you also put them in the microwave for about 2 minutes and then they are germ-free!

What I am going to do is put them in the microwave as a weekly cleaning and then the washing machine monthly!

Here is a peak into the story behind SKOY:
Our story is quite simple. We had a desire to share a cloth that is better than any cloth we have ever used and was environmentally friendly. We started to do a little research and were shocked to see how people were cleaning their kitchens. We were even more shocked to find out how many tons of paper towels were being used annually (2.5 million tons) and filling up our landfills.

Check out more of their story and how to get your own here http://www.skoycloth.com/

Be sure to check them out on their Facebook page also
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Skoy/34885431393?ref=ts

*I received these at no charge and all opinions are my own*

No comments: