Friday, July 16, 2010

Cupcake Wars...

Not really but they I thought maybe there might be one since I was letting them do their own!




My kids definitely have a sweet tooth so I will make cake, cupcakes, and cookies every now and then! Well I bought a box of cupcake mix for the 4th of July (yea I know-I am a little late) and decided to make it the other day! We have red frosting and some sprinkles and I was going to be the one that decorated them while they told me what they wanted. My oldest asked if he could decorate his and I thought for a minute and a picture of the mess went through my mind. So I told him that I would think about it while the cupcakes cooled off. So about 20 minutes later they were cooled and I went to put the frosting on and he asked me again if he could decorate his. I said yes but I was doing the frosting! So 3 of the kids put their own sprinkles on (I did my youngest’s cupcake). It was messy but I know that they were proud of what they had done, so that made the mess worth it! I am not sure if it was the brand or because it was red, but it did stain their hands a little (no picture of that). The cupcakes were so good and there was about 10 minutes of silence while they ate them!

No comments: