Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Why?

I have come to really dislike this question! My two older kids never really got into the 'why' stage, but my daughter (almost 2 1/2 years old) asks me 'Why?' for everything! It doesn't matter what I say her response is most likely going to be 'Why?' At first it doesn't bother me because I can answer her question but then she keeps going and it gets to the point where there is no answer or I don't know the answer! I think that I will be glad when this stage is over with! And when she gets into this is one after another.




Example:

Me- It's lunch time.

Her-Why?

Me-Because everyone is hungry and that just what time it is.

Her-Why?

Me-Well, it's been awhile since lunch and we have to eat lunch before nap time.

Her-Why?

Me-So you don't go to bed hungry.

Her-Why?

Me-Because then you might not sleep well if you are hungry.

Her-Why?

Me-Because your tummy might make some noise telling you that you are hungry.

Her-Why?

Me-It's just want our bodies do.

Her-Why?

Me-I'm not sure, that's just what happens

Her-Why?

Me-I don't know

Her-Why?

Me-Are you hungry?

Her-Yes.

Me-Good, let's go eat.



I mean this is what it is multiple times a day! I think she would ask 'Why?' all day if there was an answer that followed and no one distracted with her something else lol! I think it gets on my nerves the most just because I don't know and she will ask me why and keep going lol! And I think that she is honestly wanting to know why and not being annoying......you know those kids that just do things to get under your skin-don't act like you don't lol!



So I think that we have officially joined the 'Why?' stage and I am not sure when it will be over, but thank goodness for her being easily distracted!

Are you or have you gone through something like this with any of your kids? I would love to hear your story.....remember sharing is caring ;p

No comments: