Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sleep Walking?

Last night my husband was standing at the bottom of the stairs and I was sitting on the couch with my daughter sleeping in my lap (she refuses to sleep in her bed and I fight with her every night). Well anyway, so she was laying there and the way she was laying on me made it so her knees where on her chest-well she went to move and it looked like she was just going to straighten them out but stay sleeping. That happened but then she did something that we haven't seen before....she got up, walked right past her Papa like she didn't even know he was there, went up the stairs, went in our room, turned around and gave my husband a blank stare. He waved me over to see her but by the time I got over there she had snapped out of it. Him and I were talking about it and were wondering if she was sleep walking. It was weird to see her like that. She didn't hurt herself or anything but now that I have seen her do that, I would like to get a fence for the top of the stairs. If this is what she is doing when she comes into our room on a nightly bases then I would like something that would catch her if she were to loose her balance or something. I found it to be a little scary watching her do that because 1) I have never seen someone sleep walk before and 2) What else has she done that we didn't know about while she was sleeping? This isn't something that even crossed my mind that I would have to experience. I don't know if what we saw last night was a one time thing or something that has happened several times. I do not even know if she was sleep walking but that is the first thing that came to our mind when we started talking about what we saw.

As anyone experienced sleep walking with anyone but mostly with their child? I've heard that you aren't supposed to wake them while they are in this state. Was there anything that you had to do to make sure the person didn't hurt themselves or others? I would love to hear any and all stories that you have on this topic. Thanks!

No comments: