Saturday, July 03, 2010

Friends

Friends have become harder to find and then keep as I am getting older. I do not know if this is something that is normal or something that is just happening to me. But I do know that it is very frustrating for me. I am so used to having a semi-large group of friends and through the years, I cannot keep them! It makes me sad because I do want friends (desprate sounding I know), but I love my friends and having them. The majority of them we have stopped being friends (most reasons unknown to me) or I move or they move away. It makes sad to know that I do not have that many friends in person. Yes I have friends that I have met through Mommie groups online and through Cafemom, but in person friends is what I am really looking for. I do belong to a local mom group (which I am loving) but cannot always make all the events that are held with the group (which is ok I know). So I am hoping with being apart of that will help me keep friends and form close, lasting, real friendships with these women.




Has this or is this currently happening to any of you? How are you dealing with it? Are you doing anything to change this? If so, how?

2 comments:

Sapphire Mommy said...

I went through that when I first moved to Virginia. It wasnt until 2008 (yes 9 years later) that I actually made local friends that I hung out with. And it was all through a local mom's group that I finally joined up with. Now it seems like we always have someone to hang out with or someone asking to do something. Give it time and be sure to put yourself out there when you can and watch the friendships grow!!

MommieVentures said...

I am definitly trying to so things in the group that I am with but sometimes I think that we don't get invited anywhere because the size of our family. I am hoping that once the kids are all school age that it will get better.