Saturday, July 17, 2010

No Fear

My daughter is the 3rd child in our family with 2 older brothers and 1 younger brother-the girl can hold her own & she has no fear. She can jump the highest jump and climb the highest mountain! Well ok, maybe not......yet! But I have never seen her hesitate on anything...until the other day, I was so shocked!




So it was time to go upstairs for her afternoon nap and she started jumping off the stairs (no big deal-she's done it before) but something stopped me in my tracks, SHE paused before jumping. At first I thought it was because she waiting for me to watch-no that wasn't it. Maybe it was because she wanted me to give her a count down-nope that wasn't it. What in the world is she waiting for!? Then it hit me.....she wasn't sure about this jump. So I encouraged her to jump, counted for her, held my arms out (she was only jumping from the second step) for her--after all that she still was just in her jumping pose and then finally she jumped! She was so excited and happy that she did, she decided to do it again. But this time she wasn't has hesitate has she was the first time.



I was still shocked that she didn't just jump right in and when I told my husband when he came home from work and he was just as shocked as I was. Neither of us could believe it! But I am glad that she overcame and was able to jump...I hope she continues to overcome any 'jump' she comes across and is just as proud as she was this time!

2 comments:

BubbleExperienceMomma said...

My daughter is the only girl, she has a younger brother and 4 boy cousins. I've seen this in her before too. Glad she overcame and jumped!

Mommyof2 said...

Aw, Im afraid Michele is going to take after her big brother and be fearless for the most part too!