Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Skype

I know that a lot of people use Skype to keep in touch but my kids absolutely LOVE using this to talk to their grandparents! They last longer talking with them and I think that is because they can see them and holding the phone is just too much work for them lol! (Plus my youngest two try to eat it and push all kinds of buttons) I like that the service gives you 3 options on how you want to communicate with the other person, video-voice-typing, so that way even if you don't have a webcam you can still see the ones who do. As it being summer, they don't have many projects or anything like that to show them (from school) so they are telling their grandparents all about playing outside and what tv shows they are watching! It is easier for me too because I can just answer the call from someone, lock the mouse, and let the kids talk. Where as with the phone, I had to make sure that their faces weren't touching any buttons! Plus (the best part) it's free! They do give the option to be able to do more things with their service (that Mark and I are actually looking into). I am so thankful that this service is out there and that my kids are able to talk with their grandparents! Thanks Skype :)

No comments: